What's the big deal?!
Damn soccer!!!
I don't plan my schedule around what shows are on TV. If I'm around when my shows are on, great, if not, oh well, or I'll just download them.
Soccer is not like that, it takes over peoples' minds and they totally plan their daily schedule and social lives around watching the game. I'm not talking about a couple of games, I'm talking about practically every single game for an entire month!
I didn't grow up in a sports watching family, so I guess I just don't understand and haven't experienced being around people who are soooo OBSESSED!!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for watching a game occasionally and getting together with people to "watch the game", but when it's a gorgeous sunny day out and it has to be spent indoors watching the game....argggg!!!!
Okay, so maybe there is some compromising sometimes...some days are spent outside and the occasional game might be missed..
Let's just say...I'll be glad when Sunday comes and this will be over for another 4 years. And four years from now I'm going on a long trip...for a month, any suggestions of where to go? and no, not where ever the World Cup is being held!!!
I don't plan my schedule around what shows are on TV. If I'm around when my shows are on, great, if not, oh well, or I'll just download them.
Soccer is not like that, it takes over peoples' minds and they totally plan their daily schedule and social lives around watching the game. I'm not talking about a couple of games, I'm talking about practically every single game for an entire month!
I didn't grow up in a sports watching family, so I guess I just don't understand and haven't experienced being around people who are soooo OBSESSED!!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for watching a game occasionally and getting together with people to "watch the game", but when it's a gorgeous sunny day out and it has to be spent indoors watching the game....argggg!!!!
Okay, so maybe there is some compromising sometimes...some days are spent outside and the occasional game might be missed..
Let's just say...I'll be glad when Sunday comes and this will be over for another 4 years. And four years from now I'm going on a long trip...for a month, any suggestions of where to go? and no, not where ever the World Cup is being held!!!

1 Comments:
At 9:17 PM,
edog said…
Clearly you just don't get it. This game will touch the lives of over a billion people in the world this month. It gives people all over the world something in common, something to talk about, something they're passionate about. It's really about being global neighbours. Common, joint the neighbourhood.
Post a Comment
<< Home