Welcome and Happy Thankgiving
I'd like to start this off by saying...I'm against blogging. It's for computer geeks and people who have nothing better to do with their time. But, as it's been pointed out to me I spend too much time just sitting around watching TV, so I may as well spend my time doing something a bit more...useful? I'm not ready to admit that bloggin is useful in anyway. Especially since no one really knows about this blog yet, so it doesn't even keep my friends back home updated on what I've been up to since I've moved across the country.
Moving across the country, now that's a big change in my life. It happened 4 months ago, but it still feels like a really new change. Especially when holidays, such as this weekend (Thanksgiving) come along and I'm not at home with my family. It's the first Thanksgiving that I haven't been home, and it feels stange. I had ribs for supper last night, not turkey, good but just not the same. Tonight I'm having a makeshift Thanksgiving dinner with my boyfriend, my room mate and her siblings, but I don't think there will be turkey there either. Not that it's the turkey I miss, it's the big huge family get together. I called my Grandma's house last night, and everyone was there, they passed the phone around so I could talk to my cousins and uncles and aunts, but it's just the same as being there. This is already the second big family get-together that I've missed since moving out here, it sucks!
Next time I go home is Christmas. Well, actually after Christmas because I work Christmas and boxing day, I guess that's what I get for taking on the nursing career.
One more thing, it rains way too much here in Vancouver. I'll have to get used to it and buy a good pair of stylish rubber boots and one of those big yellow rain suits.
Moving across the country, now that's a big change in my life. It happened 4 months ago, but it still feels like a really new change. Especially when holidays, such as this weekend (Thanksgiving) come along and I'm not at home with my family. It's the first Thanksgiving that I haven't been home, and it feels stange. I had ribs for supper last night, not turkey, good but just not the same. Tonight I'm having a makeshift Thanksgiving dinner with my boyfriend, my room mate and her siblings, but I don't think there will be turkey there either. Not that it's the turkey I miss, it's the big huge family get together. I called my Grandma's house last night, and everyone was there, they passed the phone around so I could talk to my cousins and uncles and aunts, but it's just the same as being there. This is already the second big family get-together that I've missed since moving out here, it sucks!
Next time I go home is Christmas. Well, actually after Christmas because I work Christmas and boxing day, I guess that's what I get for taking on the nursing career.
One more thing, it rains way too much here in Vancouver. I'll have to get used to it and buy a good pair of stylish rubber boots and one of those big yellow rain suits.

1 Comments:
At 9:39 PM,
edog said…
I think it's common for people to feel like they're missing out family tradition like this after they move far away. It's all part of growing up!
Post a Comment
<< Home